Peter Advincula Church, Glebe Street, Stoke
on its modern base in 1935, the fragment of
10th Century Anglo-Saxon stone cross shaft had
been used as a door lintel in the church until
its discovery by a gravedigger in 1876.
square sectioned top of the cylindrical shaft
has a different decorative motif on each face.
However part of the side key pattern has been
cut away, probably to allow its use as the
church's door lintel.
site is freely open to the public.